Keep on keeping on
Hi, Everyone :)
Here are the minutes from tonight's speed meeting:
Thank you, Activities group, for getting us off to a great
Next week: We will be hearing from the Prospect ID group!
Breast Cancer walk:
Sophie came to the meeting to tell us about the walk she will
be participating in this June to benefit breast cancer
research. She would appreciate your support in this, so please
e-mail her at Diana.Rodriguez@valpo.edu if you would be able to
help her reach her goal of $1800.
- Thank you to all those who signed up to help at the Celebrate
service TOMORROW (but we hope to see everyone there!) and the
educational dinner on Thursday.
- Cooking starts at 3 pm on Thursday - we have two great
speakers lined up, along with great food, so PLEASE spread the
word and bring friends on Thursday. The dinner itself starts
at 5:30 in the Lumina room.
- Please pass on the letters to any organizations you know.
- The Tap Tap buses are in U.S. Customs :) They ARE coming!
WRC Committee Announcements:
- Bring any extra sidewalk chalk you have to Celebrate tomorrow
- Here is the menu to salivate over before Thursday: pumpkin
soup, tropical muffins, red beans and rice, Haitian salad. and
so much more good stuff.
They will be helping to take apart aluminum from the physics
department, raising $200 potentially in the process. Cool stuff
is going on!
- Check out the new Shaker! It is great!
- The last Family Fun Day is THIS Saturday from 10-Noon. Meet
at the Union turnaround at 9:15 am, as we head over to the Y to
make some awesome kites and chalk with awesome people!
- Just an FYI: We have two spring break trips heading out of
Valpo on March 12. One will be working in New Orleans at a
site hit by Hurricane Katrina. They will be partnered with
Lutheran Disaster Response and Habitat, so it should be a great
trip! The other group will be going to Mt. Vernon, Kentucky to
work on houses in the Appalachia region there. We will be sure
to let you all know how they go when we return from break.
- Wear your SALT shirts this week!! Be SALTY, as Megan so
greatly said! We want our logo to be everywhere, so wear it
- Mark your calendars now for April 2 - Pastor Jim will be
dancing in Dance, Etc's Dance with the Stars, and his charity
of choice is none other than the WRC. Who better to cheer him
on to victory than us!
Enjoy the rest of your week, and just remember, spring break is
getting closer! Before then, though, see you tomorrow,
Thursday, and next week, same time, same place!
Kappa Delta, President
SALT Secretary and Volunteer Coordinator