[Salt-l] Tonight's AWESOME Meeting!
11-1-11 All-group meeting
Tonight we heard from Krista about the World Relief Campaign
· We have received 12 applications so far
· We will raise $14,000 next semester for the project that we choose
· In the coming weeks we will narrow our project from 12 to 4 to 1
· Women World Wide- launch a training program in Cambodia regarding victims and women at-risk for human trafficking
· Dining for Women- US organization that chooses an organization to support by dining in. Kenyan Girls stepping out of poverty would be t he project that we would help this group support
· Friends elementary school in Tanzania
· Grace and Healing Ministry- housing and community center for HIV families in Tanzania
· Gerlandia Orphanage and Education Center
· Heal Africa- Dominican Republic of Congo Empowering Women in Poverty who experience gender violence
· Lutheran Immigration refugee and service- improving legal assistance for detainees
· Mission Guatemala- providing dental health care and establishing a mobile clinic
· Range of Motion- improving lives of amputees by doing an addition of the hospital and mobile lab for the prostheses in Guatemala
· Rebuilding Together- Need for Handi cap ramps
· Shine on Sierra Leone- School in most marginalized community. Looking for computer labs to help establish microloans
· Vision for Kenya- Health and water related.
· We Mostly focused on our focus groups and the peace and social justice symposium
· Budgets for focus groups
· International Education Week this November
· Thursday nights at 9:30pm SALT Bible study. Talk to Andrew Denecke if interested.
· 11/8- our Tuesday meeting this evening will be related to World Relief Campaign Proposals and Voting for our projects
· 11/15- Skype date with the WRC applicants and our final vote will take place
· There will be a fundraiser in conjunction with no shave November. Stay tuned for more information!
· 11/5 Peace and Social Justice Symposium 9-4pm in the union ballrooms. Free BREAKFAST! http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=168905786529458&ref=ts
· 11/12 Scavenger Hunt 3-5pm
· 11/14 SPEAC event 7:00pm in the community room
If you have questions see these resources:
Don't forget to come to the Peace and Social Justice Symposium on Saturday! It will be great!!