[Salt-l] so...Kenya dig it?!
Exciting things happened tonight! Read below:
All group meeting 11-29-11
· We heard from Kristin Lewis from Trinity and part of the coalition for the women's shelter called Open Arms.
· Women arrive between 6 and 9, they receive a meal, a safe place to stay, and breakfast in the morning
· Volunteers are needed for these: 6-10pm, 10-2a., 2-7am
· There is a training on 12/4 from 12-1pm
· Kathleen Parilac, this years service coordinator, spoke about donating some of our funds to Housing Opportunities to purchase needed paper goods and laundry detergent
· Focus Groups
· We broke into groups again to discuss whether we have a need for further projects in the groups, whether a group wants to do a VUTV spot, other outreach and education opportunities.
· WRC brainstorming
· Names: "get well soon" "Kisima for Kenya" "Well, let's get started" "Kenya dig it?"
· Well for wellness; "A well-ness project"; Visima for Kenya; Bringing water and wellness to the surface.
· Our name is: KENYA DIG IT? ;)
· We will vote on a tag line next week
· And also choose our tchotcke
· Last we heard a Devotion from Andrew
· He also announced that he will start focusing on Biblical stories and other SALT-y stories from online or the news. If you are interested in speaking for a brief little bit contact Andrew.Denecke@valpo.edu
· Bible Study meets on Thursday 9:30pm in the Union
· 11/30- Safe environment board rally. 8:30pm in Founder's Table
· 11/30-12/2- Spring Break information table
· 12/6-12/9- Fair Trade Fair- come purchase unique and awesome Christmas gifts!!!
· 10:30-2:00pm on Tuesday, 4:30-7:00pm on Wednesday
· 10:30-2:00pm on Thursday, 4:30-7:00pm on Friday
· Meal card donations are coming up before finals
· Donate your extra food card money at the cash registers in the union and then this money will be used to purchase food to be donated to Hilltop.
· Adopt-a-family- bring donations, if you are able, and SALT will adopting two families for the Christmas season.
If you have questions see these resources:
Christ College- The Honors College
Ambassador in Admission