[Salt-l] 5-1-12 The one where we found out we reached our goal!!!
5-1-12 All group meeting
· 5/3 9pm café- coffee and prayer time
· 5/4 End Celebration (6-9pm. Meet at 5:30pm at the Chapel for carpool)
· Jacob Sitati will be there!
· Chapel Renovation meetings
· Wednesday, May 2, in the Harre Union Brown and Gold Room:11:50 am-12:40 pm or 12:45-1:15 pm.
· Meal Card Donations and food drive!
· The Meeting
· Michelle first heard about social justice on her trip to El Salvador. She shared this quote with us: "when you stick your hand in a pan of salt
· When you see injustices, fight back against them.
· AS of Right this second, we have reached our goal of $14,000 and surpassed it!
· How exciting!!!
· We split off into groups to evaluate events and groups of the WRC
· Then we gathered back to discuss our pillars and evaluate on our effectiveness such as education, fundraising, and
· Education dinner with the two faculty members present
· Getting more word out, earlier about the education dinner in order to get more people to attend
· Good to know the specifics about the well and how it is created
· Need to reach out to others who are not involved in SALT
· Get WVUR to come to the events and interview people
· Good job of informing chapel goers
· But we lost our facts of the day
· We need to have a tchotcke that stands out and that we can always keep with us.
· Push through with networking in classes and with professors
· Word of Mouth is a very positive thing
· Picking an organization that was local gives ready access to education materials such as photos
· Forming relationships with those who are donating is important- we did this well but we can always improve
· We had a lot of in-kind donations: Calling people multiple times and didn't let them forget and the business blitz
· The powerpoint presentation to take with over spring break was a nice way to inform others.
· We need to make contacts with all of the churches in the local Valpo area
· Role play asking for a donation to learn
· We properly thank those who donate- keep this up
· Good balance between big events and small events
· More coordination between groups-SALT google calendar
· be aware of other campus events as well
· Try to plan it earlier- maybe before spring semester
· Rewards nights were a nice reminder about where we are in the campaign.
· Posting facebook updates of fundraising
· Ed dinner should be on a week day
If you have questions see these resources:
COME NEXT WEEK FOR THE SENDING SERVICE FOR SENIORS AND STUDY ABROADERS! OUR LAST MEETING!
Valparaiso University '13
Christ College- The Honors College
Ambassador in Admission