3-20-12 All Group Meeting
· Servant stories- post-spring break trip time to share about experience
· Interested in baby-sitting on April 14th for a couple who are moving into the housing for Housing Opportunities. If interested, e-mail Kathleen.firstname.lastname@example.org
· Looking for Shaker articles about serving over spring break. Send articles to Becca.Berry@valpo.edu or Laura.Ehlen@valpo.edu
· SIGN UP FOR RELAY FOR LIFE!! Check the SALT facebook page to sign up!
· Staffing for next year.
· Proposed Jenni Sechrist for Chair and Nicole Wilken for WRC chair
· Ballots will be reviewed and finalized
· 3/21 Focus sessions about Lutheran doctrine in the University
· 3/22 8-10pm union ballroom C- discussion of chapel addition
· 3/24 10 am Business Blitz- meet at the S-couch in the union
· 3/26 7pm Servant stories in Heugli Hall
· 3/31 Housing Opportunities Painting!
· 3/31 Kenya Dig In? Educational Dinner
· 4/13 SALT semi-formal
· 4/14 Relay for Life
· 4/21 WRC 5K run
· Heckler vs. Schwehn
· End Celebration
· Social justice snippet-
· Alissa talked to us about advocacy. Encouraged us to think about how to utilize legislative reform.
· "fix our eyes ahead" Everything ahead can seem daunting to us. 2 Corinthians 4:16- inwardly we are renewed day by day. We fix our eyes on what is unseen because it is eternal. Keeping it in perspective.
· WRC time.
· Scott Ochander vice-president of marketing
· Shared with us how communication works
· Sender: you, how you dress, body language
· Receiver: Person you are talking to
· Message: What you are saying
· Filter: How a person feels about the issue, personal understanding. Because of this the receiver only gets a portion of the message.
· Building trust can help to limit this filter
· Consistency with the message- say the same idea
· Think of a three-step ladder. 1) Facts and data 2) An angle of support- establish support of the data 3) The key message- overriding message
If you have questions see these resources:
Welcome back! Have a great week!